Okay, so there is this "gas station by our house". This is what we call it at our house, it is really called Jardine's. We love this store, we love the girls that work there, we just LOVE it. As I went to get my daily Diet Coke and talk with Dawna and Linn I was shocked that they had a sign that said "we have closed our doors, thanks for your support". I came home FB'ed it and called my friends. I know you must be thinking, how could this be so sad for her? Since I moved here they have been there for me, silly maybe, but true. I would take the kids to school and grab a DC on my way home, I might even grab a chocolate doughnut. It got to the point that I would pull up to the drive thru and they would know what I wanted, they would even ask how I was, how my family was, they made you feel like they really cared. They knew all about Ethan and would cheer me when I would stop on my way to the hospital. They knew when my mom was sick, when Jer lost his job, and when my Grandma passed away. They were the best girls, the best friends, best "cheerer uppers" and the best listeners. I will miss them.........
No comments:
Post a Comment