Today we traveled to Vernal for my Grandma Johnson's viewing/funeral. Me and my sisters all piled in the truck with my mom and dad and made the trip. Jer brought the kiddos, minus E because he was sick, and came up later. When we got to Vernal we ate, checked into our hotel and headed to Grandpa's. As I walked into their house I knew it was all going to be okay. My Grandpa was doing amazingly well. It was good to see him doing so well, but when you know that you will see your "sweetheart" again, that she is perfect and with her family that has been waiting for her, you find some comfort in that knowledge. We hung out at their house for a little while, then we went back to the hotel to get ready for the viewing. When we got the the mortuary we signed the book and went in. I couldn't look, I have the hardest time seeing people that have passed. When Jag and Emily got there I went with them to see her. I don't know why I was worried/sad/scared. She was beautiful, she has always been beautiful, strong, steadfast, no fuss and most off all kind and caring. It was a good night. I wish I had taken more pictures. I was able to see people that I haven't seen forever. Friends that I played with when I would visit my grandparents in the summer. Family that I haven't seen in a long time. Why is it that you never see those you love until you "have to". I wish life wasn't so crazy and that we all had time to "get together" like the old days.
No comments:
Post a Comment